I had many assumptions about what life would be like with three children. Some I gathered from friends who have three kids and others just on my own naivete.
Assumption #1- life would somehow be easier. Something I was told adding the third child is easier than when you added the second.
In reality- it's not easier!
Assumption #2- my other children would take to having Jackson around great.
In reality- Andrew was fine when we brought Jackson hom. Maggie while she loves her baby brother she has turned into a temper tantrum, whiny, clingy little girl.
Assumption #3- Jackson would be an easy baby.
In reality- he is an easy baby, if you hold him. He is not to keen on his swing or bouncy seat but loves the comfort of somebody's arms. Needless to say I don't always get a lot done around the house.
Assumption #4- I would have another pacie loving baby.
In reality- Jackson is not a fan of the pacie. He'll take it every once in a while but he really wants a bottle or to nurse. That's how he goes to sleep, he just spits the pacie out.
Assumption #5- taking 3 children out by myself would be nearly impossible.
In reality- it's not that bad. Andrew has always been great about listening to me and staying close but Maggie I wasn't to sure how she would be. Well same child from #2 has done really well about staying with the buggy in stores. There is only room for one child in the buggy plus groceries and I am not pushing those crazy car buggies. I run into enough things without the extra bulk.
Jackson was born 7 weeks ago and while i'm definitely still figuring out how to be a parent of 3, there is no way I would change it!!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha! You must have been talking to me. All but the last one are true for me. :)
ReplyDeleteIt will get easier, though. You soon get used to it and can't imagine life with less and are counting noses automatically, etc. :)
Becky, I think it was you or Brandon who said adding the third child was easier!!
ReplyDelete