Thursday, September 16, 2010
Free To Be Me
I listen to this song almost daily and no I can't tell you who sings is because I can't pronounce her name or spell it, sorry. I love this song. Today it hit me how blessed I am to be able to just be me and have friends who accept me and still love me. I don't have to put on a facade and pretend. I just get to be Alicia. This is the first place that I have had friends particularly female friends that I don't feel the need to compete with them. Can I just brag a minute on my friends? They're awesome!! I know that I can tell them anything and there is no judgement (except maybe the democrat thing)!! It's wonderful! I've never understood the need for women to put each other down just to make themselves feel better. Why would we partake in this type of destructive behavior? I've been guilty of this. It's so senseless. We should build each other up and just be free to be yourselves. So to all my female friends out there: you are all amazing women (really I wouldn't be friends with you if you weren't) and I love each and every one of you!! Thanks for be such a blessing to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment