Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's the little things

So, i've been in a funk these past few days. It really started on Sunday but then it carried over into Monday and part of Tuesday. Now you could say, "well Alicia you have three small children and a husband all the way in across the world." You would be correct, I do. But that's not why i've been funky lately. And that's not what this is about. To get myself out of my funk I began to wonder about the things that do make me happy. By the way, i'm a fairly happy person so there are lots of things that make me happy these are just the most important.
My husband. Did you read the post about him? I love him!
Those moments when my children are playing together nicely and laughing. Really what sound is better than your child's laugh?
Freshly waxed eyebrows and mascara. You may see me without make up but you will rarely see me without mascara.
Quiet moments with Jesus. Where you sit and bask in His love for you.
A vanilla coke from sonic.
Music.
A good pair of jeans so when you turn around you think, "mmmmm".
A friend who can make you laugh at any time. I have awesome friends, go down a few posts and I tell you about them.
Really I have so much to be thankful for and so many things that make me happy; big things, little things, red things blue things. Anybody else read One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish? So no more funk!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your funk! Your blog always makes me smile...if I am in a funk, I will come read your blog :) Have a wonderful evening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori! It's gone now thankfully!

    ReplyDelete